Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wildcard for space text space pattern

I need a wildcard pattern to find " apt ", the text apt with one space at the
begining and one space at the end.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

did you try a "?" ?

--

Gary

"LuisE" wrote in message
I need a wildcard pattern to find " apt ", the text apt with one space at the
begining and one space at the end.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary,
Could you please elaborate?

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

did you try a "?" ?

--

Gary

"LuisE" wrote in message
I need a wildcard pattern to find " apt ", the text apt with one space at the
begining and one space at the end.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why would you need a wildcard for this?

I would think you'd just use that " apt " string???

But if you're using Find, then maybe just looking in xlpart would be sufficient.

If you're using like, then maybe:
"* apt *"
would work

LuisE wrote:

I need a wildcard pattern to find " apt ", the text apt with one space at the
begining and one space at the end.

Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response Dave, handy as always.
I'm using like, i want to find apt as part of and address text.
I was using "* apt *" but i realized that it was case sensitive, I had to
use Option Compare Text to make it work.

Thanks again

LuisE wrote:

I need a wildcard pattern to find " apt ", the text apt with one space at the
begining and one space at the end.

Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could have used:

if lcase(mystr) like lcase("* apt *") then
to make sure you're looking at lower case on either side.

There's another function that you may want to keep in mind: InStr

It has a parm that you can specify to ignore case.

dim AptPos as long
aptpos = instr(1,mystr," apt ",vbtextcompare)
if aptpos = 0 then
'not there
else
'starts at aptpos