Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Space removal - a first name,space last name

How can I remove the space after the comma but not all the spaces?
Or enforce the rule - when a comma is used there will be one space and only
one space after the comma?

I have names on the database:
Bill, Smith
Bill,Smith

I need one or the other for unique names being serviced.

Thx

Russ at scaninc.org
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could just do a find & replace (Ctrl+H) and search for ", " and replace
with ","
To limit your search, if needed, select only the area you want to
replacements to occur before running.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Russ at scaninc.org

Are ther possibly spaces at the start or end of the string ( before
Bill and/or after Smith)?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=60994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Assume that you can have any number of spaces then the solution would be to
use TRIM

If A1 contains the name use =TRIM(A1)

copy as needed and convert to values, get rid of the originals

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Russ at scaninc.org

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane, thx for your reminder about the number of columns for Access (
lost the post, sorry)