Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy text from cell and paste it in a separate text box (contents tobe linked)

Dear Experts:

With some cells in a colum selected (say 10 selected cells in a
column: contiguous range) I would like a macro to copy the contents of
these cells and paste the contents of each cell in separate text
field.

Now here it comes. The pasted contents in the text field should be
linked to the cell contents, i.e. whenever the cell's contents is
changed, the contents of the text field should reflect this. Is this
feasible?

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What does "text field" mean to you... other cells in your worksheet or
TextBox'es? If TextBox'es, where are they... on a worksheet or on a
UserForm? If on a worksheet, which toolbar did you get them from... the
Forms toolbar or the Control Toolbox toolbar?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"andreashermle" wrote in message
Dear Experts:

With some cells in a colum selected (say 10 selected cells in a
column: contiguous range) I would like a macro to copy the contents of
these cells and paste the contents of each cell in separate text
field.

Now here it comes. The pasted contents in the text field should be
linked to the cell contents, i.e. whenever the cell's contents is
changed, the contents of the text field should reflect this. Is this
feasible?

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If on a worksheet, which toolbar did you get them from...
the Forms toolbar or the Control Toolbox toolbar?

That last question should have read this way...

If on a worksheet, which toolbar did you get them from... the **Drawing**

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 12, 6:17*pm, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
[...]

Regards, Andreas- Hide quoted text -

Dear Rick,

thank you for your swift answer.

what a mishap from my side. Sorry about that. I meant "text box".
There is of course no text field in Excel.

Regards, Andreas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
[...]

Rick,

I guess I need to be more exact. It is a text box that is inserted in
Excel 2007 by selecting "Insert"-"Shapes"-"Text box"

Regards, Andreas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See if this helps. It is using a table with the name of the shape in col a
and the text in col B

Sub NameShapes()
Sheets("yoursheetnamehere").Select
For Each c In [setup!a4:a15]
ActiveSheet.Shapes(c).TextFrame. _
Characters.Text = c.Offset(0, 1)
Next c

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"andreashermle" wrote in message
Dear Experts:

With some cells in a colum selected (say 10 selected cells in a
column: contiguous range) I would like a macro to copy the contents of
these cells and paste the contents of each cell in separate text
field.

Now here it comes. The pasted contents in the text field should be
linked to the cell contents, i.e. whenever the cell's contents is
changed, the contents of the text field should reflect this. Is this
feasible?

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 13, 2:40*pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
[...]

Hi Don,

thank you very much for your terrific help. I am afraid to tell you
that your macro throws error messages. I take from your statements
that I have not been exact in stating my requirements. I will
endeavour to do so. I try to keep it quite simple:

Example (Excel 2007):
Sheet 1 contains two cells with data entered:

A1: Mary
A2: John

With these two cells selected I would like a macro to create two
linked text boxes (text box to be created from "Insert"-"Shapes"-"Text
Box"). The text boxes that got created by that macro have got the
following cell references: = A1 and = A2, respectively (to be seen in
the formula bar when the respective text box is selected!).