Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other text.

Hi!

I tried a search first and couldn't find anything like this. My spreadsheet
has a column for shipping that takes a series like this for each product:

?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04

Following the question mark is the handling charge (0.0 in this example).
This is followed by an * and then the weight of the item (0.13.2 in this
example which is 13.2 ounces)

I have a list of product weights in a colum with just pounds and ounces. I
need to copy that information, then paste it into the weight area of the
string above and then paste those modified contents back into the original
cell the weight was copied from.

So, if the cell contained 1.8.2 (1 LB, 8.2 OZ) then I would want to run
something that would take that and replace it with
?0.0*1.8.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04.

I know I'm not explaining this well, I'm an excel novice :). Thank you for
any help you can provide.

~Bluenote31
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 23:18:01 -0800, bluenote31
wrote:

[...]

You could do it with a macro, but where are the other values coming from?

In other words, where is the data that defines the handling charge and the
"*d*0x0x0:07:24:04" ?

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other t

Thanks everyone for your responses. Don, I may take you up on that. I
sincerely appreciate the offer!

Ron, I just went and figured it out... heh. Essentially it breaks down like
this:

?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04

? is just a starting character I believe (I never edit it so I just don't
know, sorry!)
0.0 is the handling fee in dollars and cents.
*0.13.2* is the weight
d* is the package type (rectangular package in this case)
0x0x0 is the package dimensions. they are zeros for me because I use USPS.
:07:24:04 are the package types (first class mail, priority mail flat rate
box, express mail).

Since the product is always DVD's or music, then everything can be prefilled
except for the weight itself. In my colum I have all the weights pasted in
for each item. Now I need to have something that will copy that weight out
of the cell, then paste it into ?0.0*n*d*0x0x0:07:24:04 where "n" is the
weight that was in the column already and then copy the completed string with
the correct weight back into the colum that originally contained the weight
(its all in one column).

Thanks!

~Bluenote31

wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:22:08 -0800, bluenote31
wrote:

Const sFmt As String = ""

...to contain all of my preformated html / text?

If your html/text is in, for example G1, then change the Const line to:

Dim sFmt as String
sFmt = range("G1").value
--ron