Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording

Hi Experts,

I need your help. I have recorded a macro to format cells with borders.
Please see below the corresponding commands created by macro recording:

Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalDown'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalUp'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Wend Selection+Borders&xlEdgeLeft'
+LineStyle <= xlContinuous
+Weight <= xlThin
+ColorIndex <= xlAutomatic
ElseIf Wend

You will notice that those that should have periods (.) have plus signs
instead and those that should just have space have "less than" (<) character.

Please help what is causing this problem. Thank you.

Gennie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a guess.

Check your windows regional settings in the control panel.

Make sure that the decimal symbol, list separator and anything else you notice
is what it should be.

If you have trouble finding these options, share the version of windows that
you're using.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording (VB_VarUserMemId)

Hi All,

In case you are also having this issue, the solution is he

http://www.keyongtech.com/5265319-ex...macro-recorder

Gennie

"Gennie" wrote:

Hi Experts,

I need your help. I have recorded a macro to format cells with borders.
Please see below the corresponding commands created by macro recording:

Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalDown'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalUp'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Wend Selection+Borders&xlEdgeLeft'
+LineStyle <= xlContinuous
+Weight <= xlThin
+ColorIndex <= xlAutomatic
ElseIf Wend

You will notice that those that should have periods (.) have plus signs
instead and those that should just have space have "less than" (<) character.

Please help what is causing this problem. Thank you.

Gennie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

Windows Vista Business
Service Pack 1

Btw, I have followed what was indicated in the other forum that I have found
in the internet and it has solved the problem. I have posted the link on my
earlier email.

I am your big fan. Thanks again.
Gennie

.