-   -   Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437164-syntax-commands-created-macro-recording.html)

Gennie

Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording

Hi Experts,

I need your help. I have recorded a macro to format cells with borders.
Please see below the corresponding commands created by macro recording:

Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalDown'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalUp'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Wend Selection+Borders&xlEdgeLeft'
+LineStyle <= xlContinuous
+Weight <= xlThin
+ColorIndex <= xlAutomatic
ElseIf Wend

You will notice that those that should have periods (.) have plus signs
instead and those that should just have space have "less than" (<) character.

Please help what is causing this problem. Thank you.

Gennie

Dave Peterson

Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording

This is a guess.

Check your windows regional settings in the control panel.

Make sure that the decimal symbol, list separator and anything else you notice
is what it should be.

If you have trouble finding these options, share the version of windows that
you're using.

--

Dave Peterson

Gennie

Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording (VB_VarUserMemId)

Hi All,

In case you are also having this issue, the solution is he

http://www.keyongtech.com/5265319-ex...macro-recorder

Gennie

"Gennie" wrote:

Hi Experts,

I need your help. I have recorded a macro to format cells with borders.
Please see below the corresponding commands created by macro recording:

Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalDown'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalUp'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Wend Selection+Borders&xlEdgeLeft'
+LineStyle <= xlContinuous
+Weight <= xlThin
+ColorIndex <= xlAutomatic
ElseIf Wend

You will notice that those that should have periods (.) have plus signs
instead and those that should just have space have "less than" (<) character.

Please help what is causing this problem. Thank you.

Gennie

Gennie

Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

Windows Vista Business
Service Pack 1

Btw, I have followed what was indicated in the other forum that I have found
in the internet and it has solved the problem. I have posted the link on my
earlier email.

I am your big fan. Thanks again.
Gennie

Gennie wrote:

Hi Experts,

I need your help. I have recorded a macro to format cells with borders.
Please see below the corresponding commands created by macro recording:

Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalDown'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Selection+Borders&xlDiagonalUp'+LineStyle <= xlNone
Wend Selection+Borders&xlEdgeLeft'
+LineStyle <= xlContinuous
+Weight <= xlThin
+ColorIndex <= xlAutomatic
ElseIf Wend

You will notice that those that should have periods (.) have plus signs
instead and those that should just have space have "less than" (<) character.

Please help what is causing this problem. Thank you.

Gennie

--

Dave Peterson
.

Dave Peterson

Syntax of Commands Created by Macro Recording

I saw the solution that you posted a couple of days ago.

Thanks for posting that. (I've too chicken to use xl2010!)

Gennie wrote:

[...]

I'm (not I've) too chicken...

(stupid fingers!)