Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default message box - title change

I have a userform which calls up a msg box

How does one change the title of the msgbox?

At present it reads Microsoft Excel - I want to change what it says

At present my code reads as follows

MsgBox "Instructions", vbInformation

Can anyone help with the correct syntax?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Exmpl:

MsgBox "Instructions", vbInformation, "THIS IS THE TITLE"

In the VBA help file under MsgBox Function

MsgBox(prompt[, buttons] [, title] [, helpfile, context])

The MsgBox function syntax has these named arguments:

Part Description

prompt - Required. String expression displayed as the message in the dialog
box. The maximum length of prompt is approximately 1024 characters,
depending on the width of the characters used. If prompt consists of more
than one line, you can separate the lines using a carriage return character
(Chr(13)), a linefeed character (Chr(10)), or carriage return - linefeed
character combination (Chr(13) & Chr(10)) between each line.

buttons - Optional. Numeric expression that is the sum of values specifying
the number and type of buttons to display, the icon style to use, the
identity of the default button, and the modality of the message box. If
omitted, the default value for buttons is 0.

title - Optional. String expression displayed in the title bar of the dialog
box. If you omit title, the application name is placed in the title bar.

helpfile - Optional. String expression that identifies the Help file to use
to provide context-sensitive Help for the dialog box. If helpfile is
provided, context must also be provided.

context - Optional. Numeric expression that is the Help context number
assigned to the appropriate Help topic by the Help author. If context is
provided, helpfile must also be provided.

"Roger on Excel" wrote in message
I have a userform which calls up a msg box

How does one change the title of the msgbox?

At present it reads Microsoft Excel - I want to change what it says

At present my code reads as follows

MsgBox "Instructions", vbInformation

Can anyone help with the correct syntax?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I like named parameters:

MsgBox Prompt:="Instructions", Buttons:=vbInformation, Title:="New title here"

But you could use:
MsgBox "instructions", vbInformation, "new title here"
since those are the first three positional parms to the msgbox function.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
a direct copy/paste from vb help....

Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response, MyString
Msg = "Do you want to continue ?" ' Define message.
Style = vbYesNo + vbCritical + vbDefaultButton2 ' Define buttons.
Title = "MsgBox Demonstration" ' Define title.
Help = "DEMO.HLP" ' Define Help file.
Ctxt = 1000 ' Define topic
' context.
' Display message.
Response = MsgBox(Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt)
If Response = vbYes Then ' User chose Yes.
MyString = "Yes" ' Perform some action.
Else ' User chose No.
MyString = "No" ' Perform some action.
End If

Press ALT+F11 to bring up the vb editor. in vb help, type MsgBox. click on
the Msgbox function for more details.