Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default application.displayalerts

When using activeworkbook.save I have come across a problem that has got me
confused.

If I have "application.displayalerts" set to false the workbook does not
save (on XL97) but works fine on 2003.

How can I rectify this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There must be more to the story. The text of the code should have no affect
on whether the workbook saves as one version or another. It is remotely
possible that xl97 might have a format problem with the alert display set to
false, but it is the first I have heard of it.

"Steve J" wrote in message
6.253...
When using activeworkbook.save I have come across a problem that has got
me
confused.

If I have "application.displayalerts" set to false the workbook does not
save (on XL97) but works fine on 2003.

How can I rectify this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"JLGWhiz" wrote in
:

There must be more to the story. The text of the code should have no
affect on whether the workbook saves as one version or another. It is
remotely possible that xl97 might have a format problem with the alert
display set to false, but it is the first I have heard of it.

"Steve J" wrote in message
6.253...
When using activeworkbook.save I have come across a problem that has
got me
confused.

If I have "application.displayalerts" set to false the workbook does
not save (on XL97) but works fine on 2003.

How can I rectify this?

There must be more to the story which is what i need to track down. So
any ideas on what to check?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try running the code with DisplayAlerts = True

See what alert appears, then report back. It could be a permissions thing, a file already exists... could be many things, but the alert content will help!

Cheers,
Rob

Steve J wrote:
"JLGWhiz" wrote in
:

There must be more to the story. The text of the code should have no
affect on whether the workbook saves as one version or another. It is
remotely possible that xl97 might have a format problem with the alert
display set to false, but it is the first I have heard of it.

6.253...