Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application.DisplayAlerts in IE

OK, I have been coding in VBA for a few months now, and have use
"Application.DisplayAlerts" to supress error messages when deletin
sheets. Now, several excel files I have authored for my work have bee
moved from the internal lan to a webserver. So, when people click o
the links, the Excel files are opened via a browser window shell.

The problem: for some reason (IE 6.0, 5.5, 5.0) won't allow th
"Application.DisplayAlerts" property to be altered. MS help site sai
this was only a problem with IE 3.0, but I have found it still to be
problem. I am deleting as many as 12 sheets, and it is unthinkable t
ask my users to click "Delete" 12 times as the error messages rol
through.

Any ideas?

Please help...

Scoobydeu

-
scoobydeu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fix your system clock.

Tom Ogilvy

"scoobydeux" wrote in message

OK, I have been coding in VBA for a few months now, and have used
"Application.DisplayAlerts" to supress error messages when deleting
sheets. Now, several excel files I have authored for my work have been
moved from the internal lan to a webserver. So, when people click on
the links, the Excel files are opened via a browser window shell.

The problem: for some reason (IE 6.0, 5.5, 5.0) won't allow the
"Application.DisplayAlerts" property to be altered. MS help site said
this was only a problem with IE 3.0, but I have found it still to be a
problem. I am deleting as many as 12 sheets, and it is unthinkable to
ask my users to click "Delete" 12 times as the error messages roll
through.

Any ideas?

Please help...

Scoobydeux