Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Menu Maker and Excel 2007

Hi all

I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much
modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for
building a custom Ribbon tab or group?

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007.
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Paul Martin" wrote in message
Hi all

I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much
modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for
building a custom Ribbon tab or group?

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin has lots of info, too:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

Paul Martin wrote:

Hi all

I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much
modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for
building a custom Ribbon tab or group?

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave, as far as I can tell, Ron's code is only for the QAT, which I
specifically am NOT interested in. Thanks, Andy, I'll check out
Mike's Custom_UI_Builder.xlsm.

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Dave, but I'm looking not just at modifying the Ribbon, but
building some sort of Walkenbach-like Menu Maker. I see that Mike's
Custom_UI_Builder is a little crude, but does the trick. It looks
like a good starting point.

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See also Andy's add-in
http://www.andypope.info/vba/ribboneditor.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Paul Martin" wrote in message ...
Thanks, Dave, but I'm looking not just at modifying the Ribbon, but
building some sort of Walkenbach-like Menu Maker. I see that Mike's
Custom_UI_Builder is a little crude, but does the trick. It looks
like a good starting point.

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron. Both your's and Andy's work and resources have been
invaluable for me. I've been using Andy's Add-In, but that's not the
solution I'm seeking.

FWIW, I've been modifying Mike's code to get XML closer to what one
expects, using line breaks and tabs, and replace single quotation
marks with doubles, etc. I don't have much time to explore this
further at present, but I am reasonably happy with this.

Regards

Paul

New Menu tab in Excel 2007 shantanu Excel Programming 6 December 22nd 08 03:59 PM
Excel 2003 & 2007 menu compatible menu by Ron de Bruin JC[_13_] Excel Programming 7 November 17th 08 10:20 PM
Custom Menu in Excel 2007 AJM1949 Excel Programming 1 March 31st 08 03:02 PM
Old Menu in Excel 2007 shah shailesh Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 17th 07 12:56 PM
Help Me!!!Excel opening File Maker torps1988 Excel Programming 2 April 18th 06 02:31 PM