Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New Menu tab in Excel 2007

Hello

I have migrated to excel 2007 from excel 2003.I have few macros which
when executed create a new tab in excel menu . Now when i run the
same
in excel 2007 the macros are seen under Add-In menu in ribbon. Is it
possible to get it on the main menu.

Thanks in advance
Shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PAL PAL is offline

Actually, Excel 2007 have many changing (lets said that is improvment),
and the new menu bar in Excel 2007 (we call Ribbon) are using XML to create
so, if you want to create new 2007 menu start-alone (instead of add-in menu),
you need to save the excel to .xlsm and then open with a un-zip program,
and then, you need to change some of those file.

i give you a web-site for some guide-line
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=265636

"shantanu" wrote:

Hello

I have migrated to excel 2007 from excel 2003.I have few macros which
when executed create a new tab in excel menu . Now when i run the
same
in excel 2007 the macros are seen under Add-In menu in ribbon. Is it
possible to get it on the main menu.

Thanks in advance
Shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"shantanu" wrote:
Hello

I have migrated to excel 2007 from excel 2003.I have few macros which
when executed create a new tab in excel menu . Now when i run the
same
in excel 2007 the macros are seen under Add-In menu in ribbon. Is it
possible to get it on the main menu.

Thanks in advance
Shantanu- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a lot for the solution, this is fine. But i have a existing
macro and when i am saving as xlsm and then opening in CustomUI Editor
then its saying file is corrupt.
how can i resolve it
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"shantanu" wrote:
Hello

I have migrated to excel 2007 from excel 2003.I have few macros which
when executed create a new tab in excel menu . Now when i run the
same
in excel 2007 the macros are seen under Add-In menu in ribbon. Is it
possible to get it on the main menu.

Thanks in advance
Shantanu- Hide quoted text -

I was able to create the TAB but was unable to attach the code any
idea how to attach the existing macro code
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi shantanu

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Or this one (easy)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"shantanu" wrote in message ...
Hello

I have migrated to excel 2007 from excel 2003.I have few macros which
when executed create a new tab in excel menu . Now when i run the
same
in excel 2007 the macros are seen under Add-In menu in ribbon. Is it
possible to get it on the main menu.

Thanks in advance
Shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 16, 9:07*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hishantanu

Start herehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Or this one (easy)http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"shantanu" wrote in ...
Hello

I have migrated to excel 2007 from excel 2003.I have few macros which
when executed create a new tab in excel menu . Now when i run the
same
in excel 2007 the macros are seen under Add-In menu in ribbon. Is it
possible to get it on the main menu.

Thanks in advance
Shantanu- Hide quoted text -

Hello
Thanks for the awesoem examples, but i am yet not able to get what i
require. After going thru the steps of converting the existing 2003
excel macro to xlsm fine and adding the customUI, i am able to create
a new tab but i am unable to connect the VBA code and the logic with
the menu. Please help

Regards
Shantanu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the RibbonX this will add a button for example

<button id="customButton1" label="Caption 1" size="normal" onAction="Macro1" imageMso="DirectRepliesTo" /

When you click the button it run the macro "Macro1"

This looks like this in a standard module of your workbook

Sub Macro1(control as IRibbonControl)

End Sub

And not like this

Sub Macro1()