Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File calculates with each cell input

I have a situation I caused and do not know how to find what is going on. I
have a certain file I always want open and it has many macros in it. It also
has "APP" Application macros in the "Workbook" module.

The file works ok and so do other files that are open but excel always
recalcs after you make; any input - in any cell - in any workbook. For
example: I can open a new workbook and click on a cell and type "Hello" and
when I hit the Enter key I will see that it is calcs in the status bar and
then goes to ready.

It is not an issue of Manual vs Auto calc. It is something else.

How can I pin down what is causing this?

Thank you for your help,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the cell you change have any Dependents (ie referred to in some other
cell formula)
Do you have any Volatile functions, even in other sheets in the workbook.

Not sure what you mean by APP" Application macros, any UDFs?

Regards,
Peter T

Do you have any Volatile functions, even on other sheets in the workbook
"Steven" wrote in message
I have a situation I caused and do not know how to find what is going on.
have a certain file I always want open and it has many macros in it. It
also
has "APP" Application macros in the "Workbook" module.

The file works ok and so do other files that are open but excel always
recalcs after you make; any input - in any cell - in any workbook. For
example: I can open a new workbook and click on a cell and type "Hello"
and
when I hit the Enter key I will see that it is calcs in the status bar and
then goes to ready.

It is not an issue of Manual vs Auto calc. It is something else.

How can I pin down what is causing this?

Thank you for your help,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ah, APP macros, sorry you did explain I think, I assume you mean you have
Event procedures in the ThisWorkbook module.

Do you have code in Workbook_SheetChange or Workbook_SheetSelectionChange
that triggers worksheet calculation somehow (eg changes values linked to
cell formulas). You might also look for similar in the Worksheet modules.

Regards,
Peter T