Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default FollowHyperlink

Hi All.......

XL07......having trouble getting this to fire......

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
MsgBox " this is it"
Call MyMacro
End Sub

Same with the same function in the Workbook

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Hi Mike......
Thanks for the comeback. I understand that it's worksheet code, in this
instance and workbook code when I try it there, but neither seem to fire.
The Hyperlink I'm using opens another file, then I want to run a macro
located in the original file against that newly opened file. But NOTHING
happens....I don't even get the msgbox popup.

My Hyperlink was created by recording a macro and editing it, rather than
using original code.....it that makes a difference.

Might I have some Excel setting set wrong?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

XL07......having trouble getting this to fire......

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
MsgBox " this is it"
Call MyMacro
End Sub

Same with the same function in the Workbook

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Actually, now that I've checked.....NONE of my event macros are working in
07. I even opened another file with event macros in it that I wrote in xl2k
and none of them will fire either.........could it be a bad install of 07, or
just some switch set wrong?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

XL07......having trouble getting this to fire......

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
MsgBox " this is it"
Call MyMacro
End Sub

Same with the same function in the Workbook

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--Check whether macros are enabled

--Did you disable the events through code...In immediate window type the
below and hit enter..then check whether events are getting fired

Application.EnableEvents = True

--
Jacob

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

XL07......having trouble getting this to fire......

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
MsgBox " this is it"
Call MyMacro
End Sub

Same with the same function in the Workbook

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at your security settings, see "Change macro security settings in
Excel" in help.

For new or non xls or xla files be sure to save as .xlsm or .xlam

Regards,
Peter T

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

XL07......having trouble getting this to fire......

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
MsgBox " this is it"
Call MyMacro
End Sub

Same with the same function in the Workbook

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

That did the trick Jacob...........many thanks

<mumble, so simple, why didn't I think of that? <mumble, mumble

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3