Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MDX Statement to an SQL Server Analysis Services with ADO

Hello,

can somebody tell me how to send a MDX statement to an Sql Server with
Analysis Services using VB for Excel and ADO? I would like to write
the result of the query into an Excel table.

There is a simple description auf how to use "normal" SQL statements
with ADO to an SQL Server he
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306125/en-us

Unfortunately, I cannot find such a description for MDX statements.
BTW, I do not want to use an Excel pivot table, I just want to import
the "raw" data into Excel 2007 (or maybe 2003).

regards

arno