Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Userform??

I desperately need help! I have userform and everything is working fine. I
compile after I make changes in vb and all is well. However, when testing
form with another individual. Other individual will get an "automation
error" and will not open file? Can someone help me why this is happening?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are there any additional details on the automation error?

I've had this before and it was because there was a reference to a library
not installed on their computer (in VBE Tools/references & look for
"MISSING") but various things can cause it.

Sam

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

I desperately need help! I have userform and everything is working fine. I
compile after I make changes in vb and all is well. However, when testing
form with another individual. Other individual will get an "automation
error" and will not open file? Can someone help me why this is happening?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for responding. I checked Tools/References and I do not have any
"MISSING". When this form on other individual crashes, in the foreground you
get message box saying something like sending report to Microsoft etc. In
the background there is a small message box saying something about Automation
error. Will not allow to see code or debug. In this userform, there is code
opening Outlook and sending copy of workbook.

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

I desperately need help! I have userform and everything is working fine. I
compile after I make changes in vb and all is well. However, when testing
form with another individual. Other individual will get an "automation
error" and will not open file? Can someone help me why this is happening?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, I think Outlook is the source here.

On your PC, go to tools/references and make a note of all those that are
ticked. One of them should be called "Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library"
or something similar, but make a note of them all.

On the user's PC, go to tools/references and tick everything that you had
ticked on yours. If you can't find the outlook one then his/her installation
of Outlook may need re-installing.

Sam

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

I desperately need help! I have userform and everything is working fine. I
compile after I make changes in vb and all is well. However, when testing
form with another individual. Other individual will get an "automation
error" and will not open file? Can someone help me why this is happening?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for responding. This userform will be housed on share point site
and various individuals will be accessing. Do I have to do the same to all?
My guess yes or is there some way that it can be coded into my code? Thank
you.