Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CH CH is offline

Default Macro Stops without reason

Hi All,

I have a macro which after executing some instruction, stops at certain
line. This did not happen initially. And when it does, it usually stops on
the same line of Macro code.

I did not hit the ctrl-Pause key (or ctrl -break), not even touch the
keyboard.

Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) did any Error messages appear?

2) Comment out any ON error Statements to help isolate the problem

3) Change break on Error option from VBA menu

Tools - OPtions - General - Break on Error - Break on All Errors

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
usually stops on the same line of Macro code.

does that mean it stops on other lines at time?????

post your code for evaluation. highlight the problem line(s).

regards
FSt1

"ch" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a macro which after executing some instruction, stops at certain
line. This did not happen initially. And when it does, it usually stops on
the same line of Macro code.

I did not hit the ctrl-Pause key (or ctrl -break), not even touch the
keyboard.

Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you opening another workbook?
Are you running the macro using a shortcut key?

If yes to both, then remove the shift from the shortcut key combination.

ch wrote:

Hi All,

I have a macro which after executing some instruction, stops at certain
line. This did not happen initially. And when it does, it usually stops on
the same line of Macro code.

I did not hit the ctrl-Pause key (or ctrl -break), not even touch the
keyboard.

Please help. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CH CH is offline

The codes will not reveal much.

Problem is intermittent. It has stopped happening now.
When code does stops, it has no error code or comment. I just key F5 to
continue execute the rest of the codes.

Barb (see below) has the same problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CH CH is offline

Thanks for feedback.

I think this could be a bug' inherent to Excel. I do not get real problems
besides the inconvenience for the need to manually key "F5" to continue the
program.