Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro stops for no reason

Odd one this:
Excel seems to be getting sensitive when running macros and going on strike
for no reason:)

A number of my users have had their macros code halt and drop into the VBA
editor as if there is a run time error but with no error message.

A line of code highlights as if in debug mode but there is nothing wrong
with the code. F8 steps to the next line and F5 continues processing with no
problems.

The stop point is inconsistent and the stop at commands vary every time.
There appears to be no reason for these breaks and whilst not catastrophic
they are darn irritating.

References are all OK and everyone here is on the same version with all
service updates.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Giz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope - no crossovers like that.

The stop point can be anything from:
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Range("A1").select
Application.Calculation = xlManual

Completely variable both in code and sub, and I have many users using
identical templates and macros usually with no problems at all.

Thanks for trying - next guess!

"Nigel" wrote:

"......but there is nothing wrong with the code." I wonder?

The most common cause is when a named range is set to the same as a sub
name.

Nigel

"Gizmo63" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It might help and certainly won't hurt if you provided more information...
The operating system
The Excel version
How is the code activated
Where is the code located
How large are the modules
Is Option Explicit in use in every module
Is the code in an add-in or regular workbook
Is the VBA project protected
Is Automation in use in the code
Are there error handling routines included in your code
Is the workbook on a network drive or installed on the user machine
Have you ever tried cleaning the code to remove possible corruption
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Nigel" wrote:
"......but there is nothing wrong with the code." I wonder?
The most common cause is when a named range is set to the same as a sub
name.

Regards,
Nigel

"Gizmo63"

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just in case it helps, you might try Rob Bovey's CodeCleaner. I think
I've encountered times when "strange" code behavior went away after
"cleaning".

Good luck,

Brian Murphy
Austin, Texas