Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro stops part way through !

......No error message is received either!
The code hits the following line:

Sheets("xxx").Copy

....then a couple of events are fired and the event code runs.
As soon as the last End Sub of the event code has run, instead of the
macro going back to the original routine it just stops!

This is sprecific to my colleagues machine (application.enableevents
is set to Tue on both machines)

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help appreciated,
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

does your colleague have any user defined function used in the worksheet.
These could be causing the problem.

Also, no workbooks begin opened with a macro that uses a shortcut key
combination that includes the shift key?

Tom Ogilvy

"WhytheQ" wrote:

......No error message is received either!
The code hits the following line:

Sheets("xxx").Copy

....then a couple of events are fired and the event code runs.
As soon as the last End Sub of the event code has run, instead of the
macro going back to the original routine it just stops!

This is sprecific to my colleagues machine (application.enableevents
is set to Tue on both machines)

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help appreciated,
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for getting back to me Tom.
Neither of us have any User Defined Functions set up.
I wrote the macros and haven't actively set any short cut key
combinations - do these get set automatically?
Thing is Tom even if I use Application.enableevents = false so that
none of these auto_open macros fire it still just stops half way
through !!
Have you ever seen anything like htis before? ... Any ideas on a
possible workaround ?

Thanks for your help thus far: any further help is appreciated.

"WhytheQ" wrote:
......No error message is received either!
The code hits the following line:

Sheets("xxx").Copy

....then a couple of events are fired and the event code runs.
As soon as the last End Sub of the event code has run, instead of the
macro going back to the original routine it just stops!

This is sprecific to my colleagues machine (application.enableevents
is set to Tue on both machines)

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help appreciated,
J.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have I seen it. Yes.

Is it one particular thing that causes it - no.

Tom Ogilvy

"WhytheQ" wrote:
......No error message is received either!
The code hits the following line:

Sheets("xxx").Copy

....then a couple of events are fired and the event code runs.
As soon as the last End Sub of the event code has run, instead of the
macro going back to the original routine it just stops!

This is sprecific to my colleagues machine (application.enableevents
is set to Tue on both machines)

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help appreciated,
J.- Hide quoted text -

Macro stops @ row 300 with count... how? [email protected] Excel Programming 7 September 7th 06 05:00 PM
Macro repeats and then stops Sabba Efie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 15th 06 11:03 PM
My Macro stops Bobby Excel Programming 1 January 23rd 06 07:00 PM
Macro stops before beginning. y Excel Programming 7 April 12th 04 06:06 AM
macro stops midstream dvt[_2_] Excel Programming 3 February 23rd 04 03:46 PM