Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Matching with respect to another column?

I have a table in worksheet A, and imported data that is refreshed every half
hour in worksheet B.
I would like to update the data in worksheet A column AB with respect to the
symbols in column P. The data will be pulled from the import data in
worksheet B.
The columns are the same in both worksheet A, and worksheet B to make it
easier.
How can I do this?
--
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a VBA help topic

Using Events with the QueryTable Object

You can use this event to copy the results of the query from sheet B to
sheet A. Only copy the items that you need updated. I can help with
the code if needed.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

There are many ways...

1. VLOOKUP - put this in sheet1 column AB2 and drag down:

=VLOOKUP(P2,Sheet2!P:AB,13,false)

2. SUMIF (if you want to add sheet2, column P figures together like a summary)

= SUMIF(Sheet2!P:P,P2,Sheet2!AB:AB)

there are other ways, those two are the easiest.

Sam

"Doug" wrote:

I have a table in worksheet A, and imported data that is refreshed every half
hour in worksheet B.
I would like to update the data in worksheet A column AB with respect to the
symbols in column P. The data will be pulled from the import data in
worksheet B.
The columns are the same in both worksheet A, and worksheet B to make it
easier.
How can I do this?
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sam : Since this is the results of a query the number of items returned
could be different each time and a single lookup may not be sufficient
to perform the request.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=149960

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joel,

Yes, I know that - referring to Doug's other post ("macro on a timer") the
query results are stock codes & prices. I've made an assumption that there
will be a 1-1 correspondence.

Sam

.