Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-in Toolbar - Respect Customize... Setting

I have an Add-in that creates a toolbar. Some customers want th
toolbar to appear to the right of an existing toolbar (to get all o
their toolbars on one line), but whenever they reload Excel, th
toolbar appears on its own line again.

How do I get the toolbar to stay where the user puts it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I f you create a toolbar, you can fix where this tollbar is going t
stay.

when you close the workbook, or take out the add-in if you vba has
macro to quit the toolbar.

the next time you get the toolbar you will get it where you said firs
time.
to keep it in your new position no matter what you do next:

do not take out the toolbar once you quit excel,
And when you call again the add in or and use it again, check if th
toolbar exist already, then if yes, do not create one other sam
toolbar, after deleting the previous one.

this is what we usually do:
1) delete the Toolbar with the name we like for the toolbar
2) create the desired toolbar with the name we wanted, where w
wanted.

avoid this, not deleting the toolbar when you quit the toolbar, thi
way your toolbar will keep the right place

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you.

You are correct in that I delete the toolbar upon closing Excel.
will try disabling it instead (for the case when all workbooks ar
closed but Excel is still open) and only creating it if it does no
exist upon opening Excel. I will still destroy the toolbar on th
Add-in Uninstall event.

Thanks again