Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error msg

When I open a particular workbook, I get an Excel error message " cannot
find C:\.......MSQuery......Dclick Cancel Opening?"
Dclick was a macro I wrote years ago and is now out of use and who knows
where. How can I find the reference to this maco and/or disable the
error message?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have a query and to delete the query you need to select one of the
cells of the query and then hit delete. Now how do you find where the
query is located. either go to worksheet Insert - Names - define and
click on reference to the query. Or go to file - Properties - Custom.

If you remember where the query data is located you can simply go to
the location.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joel - thanks for your reply which helps but has not soved the problem.
In Excel 2007 I found the "name manager" under <Formulae and although there
was much junk which I deleted there were no query references at all.
I then went to the <Data, Connections tab and deleted all but the single
query in the workbook.
In the VB editor there are no apparent macros either in the workbook or
Personal.xlsb
In Excel 2007 I cannot find file - Properties - Custom as you suggested.
The exact error message implies that there is a macro asigned to run when
XLQUERY.XLA runs . I will go hunting for this query which must be somewhere!
Mervyn

"joel" wrote in message

You have a query and to delete the query you need to select one of the
cells of the query and then hit delete. Now how do you find where the
query is located. either go to worksheet Insert - Names - define and
click on reference to the query. Or go to file - Properties - Custom.

If you remember where the query data is located you can simply go to
the location.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=149515

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I found the Query in the Microsof Office folders and it was in fact a
shortcut to some unknown previously existing drive. I renamed the file
XLQueryOLD.XLA but the error message on opening my worksheet still refers to
XLQuery.XLA. I cannot find this file anywhere so I am assuming it is still
a reference in my worksheet which I canot find! Help!

"joel" wrote in message

You have a query and to delete the query you need to select one of the
cells of the query and then hit delete. Now how do you find where the
query is located. either go to worksheet Insert - Names - define and
click on reference to the query. Or go to file - Properties - Custom.

If you remember where the query data is located you can simply go to
the location.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=149515

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Run this macro

Sub findqueries()

For Each sht In Sheets
For Each query In sht.QueryTables
MsgBox ("Query : " & query.Name & vbCrLf & _
"Sheet : " & query.Parent.Name & vbCrLf & _
"Row : " & query.Destination.Row & vbCrLf & _
"Column: " & query.Destination.Column)

Next query

Next sht