Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Not sure what to call this

What I'm looking to do is populate one field with data when another
equals certain variables.

For instance:
Column B has the variable data and Column BA has the destination or
place I want to populate the data.

If Column B reads Widgets then I want Column BA to read parts, widgets
If Column B reads Small widgets then I want Column BA to read parts,
small widgets

I have quite a few variables for Column B, but I know what the output
should be in BA. Problem is
I have over 1200 data entries and I want some help to populate these
entries.

How do I go about doing this??

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Insert this in BA2 and copy it down as required:

="Parts, " & B2

Hopes this helps.
Per

"srosetti" skrev i meddelelsen
What I'm looking to do is populate one field with data when another
equals certain variables.

For instance:
Column B has the variable data and Column BA has the destination or
place I want to populate the data.

If Column B reads Widgets then I want Column BA to read parts, widgets
If Column B reads Small widgets then I want Column BA to read parts,
small widgets

I have quite a few variables for Column B, but I know what the output
should be in BA. Problem is
I have over 1200 data entries and I want some help to populate these
entries.

How do I go about doing this??

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 27, 1:27*pm, "Per Jessen" wrote:
[...]

That would work, but I guess I didn't give enough information. The
Value in Column B won't always equal that in BA.

BA could read Parts, #variable or accssries, #variable

both entries for #Variable could be many different things as I have
probably 50-60 different categories that will fill that variable.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create a two-column lookup table on a new sheet (Variable, Destination) and
populate that with your pairs of values
Eg:
Widgets parts, widgets
Small widgets parts, small widgets