Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Color pallet

A XL2003 macro, written for a visually handicapped friend, which toggled the
font and fill color pallets does not work in XL2007
Please tell me what is the 2007 equivalent of
Application.CommandBars("Font Color").Visible = True
(I do not have 2007 installed at home and will have only a short time to
edit his macro when I call next.
Many thanks
Camlad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Camlad,

A XL2003 macro, written for a visually handicapped friend, which toggled the
font and fill color pallets does not work in XL2007
Please tell me what is the 2007 equivalent of
Application.CommandBars("Font Color").Visible = True
(I do not have 2007 installed at home and will have only a short time to
edit his macro when I call next.

Excel 2007 does not have these pallets available, so your code will not work.
What is it that your friend needs exactly?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jan for asking. I have built a calendar for him in which he, as
secretary of a large charitable organisation, enters many and varied meeting
dates. It opens at today's date and has many buttons to simplify his use
including a toggle to show/hide unoccupied dates. It has been the most used
and valuable item on his computer for about 4 years since failing eyesight
lead to his retirement without any computer skills at all.

Many of the varied meetings are entered by means of one of a series of
colour coordinated buttons, each of which call a macro to enter the meeting
and make the fill and font colours distinctive and so the different types of
meeting are readily seen. Occasionally he enters a non-standard meeting and
so there is a button which toggles true/false the font and fill pallets for
easy use.

It is not a great problem for him to change the colours but going to the
menu but I should like to have reinstated this feature.

Now that 2008 does not support VBA I can no longer write macros on the large
Mac screen without Parallels or similar running 2003 - I shall wait for 2011
or whatever/whenever, trusting that VBA is resurrected. and for now stick
with 2003 on this tiny mini laptop screen. As for my friend I shall have to
customise the bloated menus of 2007 so he has maximum screen for his minimal
vision - font and fill colors are buttons I would have missed out.

I am grateful for your interest.

Camlad

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote in message
Hi Camlad,

A XL2003 macro, written for a visually handicapped friend, which toggled
the
font and fill color pallets does not work in XL2007
Please tell me what is the 2007 equivalent of
Application.CommandBars("Font Color").Visible = True
(I do not have 2007 installed at home and will have only a short time to
edit his macro when I call next.

Excel 2007 does not have these pallets available, so your code will not
work.
What is it that your friend needs exactly?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Camlad,

Now that 2008 does not support VBA I can no longer write macros on the large
Mac screen without Parallels or similar running 2003 - I shall wait for 2011
or whatever/whenever, trusting that VBA is resurrected. and for now stick
with 2003 on this tiny mini laptop screen. As for my friend I shall have to
customise the bloated menus of 2007 so he has maximum screen for his minimal
vision - font and fill colors are buttons I would have missed out.

You can double-click any of the ribbon tabs to minimise the ribbon. And if you
right click the font and fill buttons on the home tabs, you can select Add to
QAT to make those appear on the "Quick Access Toolbar" near the top of the
Excel window.
Does that help?