Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application.ScreenUpdating

Hello,

I am using Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the start of my code.

However, if the code stops do to an error or I am debugging and don't
let the code finish, I am unable to access Excel at that point because
screen updating remains false.

How do I get ScreenUpdating to go back to updating so I can get back
into Excel and access the different workbooks?

Thanks,
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought screenupdating always reset back to true when code ended (either
nornally or after an error)

If you're stuck with it turned off then you might be able to use the
immediate window to type

Application.Screenupdating=True

then hit enter

Tim

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the start of my code.

However, if the code stops do to an error or I am debugging and don't
let the code finish, I am unable to access Excel at that point because
screen updating remains false.

How do I get ScreenUpdating to go back to updating so I can get back
into Excel and access the different workbooks?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Scott wrote:
Hello,

I am using Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the start of my code.

However, if the code stops do to an error or I am debugging and don't
let the code finish, I am unable to access Excel at that point because
screen updating remains false.

How do I get ScreenUpdating to go back to updating so I can get back
into Excel and access the different workbooks?

Thanks,
Scott

In the VBE, press Ctrl+G, then type

application.screenupdating = true

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Include error handling to take care of the problem; something like this...

Sub Missive()
On Error GoTo SomethingWentWrong
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
..... <<your code goes here