Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application.ScreenUpdating

I've used this line of code for over a year with no problems. Today it's
giving an error.

If Not ScreenUpDate = True Then Application.ScreenUpdating = False

ScreenUpdate is BOOLEAN.

I'm getting Run-time error '50290'
Method 'ScreenUpdating' of object '_Application' failed.

What the ....

FWIW, I'm still using Office 2003.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you add the line Application.screenupdateing = false just ahead of that
line of code will it Execute ok. One thing to check would be Tools -
References in the VBE as one of your references might have gone south on you
which can generate some pretty odd errors...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I've used this line of code for over a year with no problems. Today it's
giving an error.

If Not ScreenUpDate = True Then Application.ScreenUpdating = False

ScreenUpdate is BOOLEAN.

I'm getting Run-time error '50290'
Method 'ScreenUpdating' of object '_Application' failed.

What the ....

FWIW, I'm still using Office 2003.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll check it, thanks. I have had issues with missing references and I could
kinda figure out it was a reference issue. This was strange. I'll let you
know if I find something (and it happens again)
Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt