Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default download & extract information

hi,

i wish to download data from a webite on an excel sheet.

http://content.icicidirect.com/mutua...g4=4&rating5=5

can some1 help me how do i download this table data frm the above site?

Thanks,

chitra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 2003. DataImport External DataNew Web Query.

Enter the URL in the Address dialog box then hit Import.

Excel 2007 DataFrom the Web

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:43:01 -0700, Chitra wrote:

hi,

i wish to download data from a webite on an excel sheet.

http://content.icicidirect.com/mutua...g4=4&rating5=5

can some1 help me how do i download this table data frm the above site?

Thanks,

chitra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Left out a couple steps that you may not figure out on your own.

After you paste the URL in the address box, hit "Go"

Select the data table by clicking on the yellow arrow.

Then Import.

Gord

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:10:09 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Excel 2003. DataImport External DataNew Web Query.

Enter the URL in the Address dialog box then hit Import.

Excel 2007 DataFrom the Web

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:43:01 -0700, Chitra wrote:

hi,

i wish to download data from a webite on an excel sheet.

http://content.icicidirect.com/mutua...g4=4&rating5=5

can some1 help me how do i download this table data frm the above site?

Thanks,

chitra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Copy your url into a1 of the sheet where you want the query. Run this macro.
Then record a refresh for future use.

Sub createquery()
myurl = Range("a1")

Application.CutCopyMode = False
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="URL;" & myurl & ".shtml" _
, Destination:=Range("A3"))

.WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
.WebTables = """Table1"",""Table2"""