Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 Macros and Variables

I have a request, which lead me back to something I've always wondered. I
have a worksheet with columns of data

Date numbers name
..
..
..

I get the data as something that is raw, and I need to sumarize it by date.
Is there a way to write a macro that would go all the down the columns and
summarize? Sort of:

if Date = "21-Oct-2009" then a = a + 1

I would then copy that macro to another cell and update that macro to
"22-Oct" and it would summarize for that date, and so on...

Possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

U can use formula to get results

=IF(A1=DATE(2009,10,21),COUNTIF(A$1:A1,DATE(2009,1 0,21)),"")

On Oct 21, 11:55*pm, Randy Brown
wrote:
I have a request, which lead me back to something I've always wondered. *I
have a worksheet with columns of data

Date *numbers *name
.
.