Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform, Calender, Problems with Todays Date

Hi,

I have a userform that contains a textbox where a user would enter a date.
To get around the many problems of people using / or : or ; as date
seperators, when the user selects the TextBox a second userform appears using
the Calender tool, the user then clicks on the correct date and the second
userform disappears and the date is now showing in the textbox.

This all works fine apart from one small problem, I cannot get the calender
to default to todays date.

The code I am using is as follows:

When the user selects the TextBox In UserForm2.

Private Sub StartDate_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

The code behind the Calender in UserForm1.

Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
UserForm2.ActiveControl.Value = Me.Calendar1.Value
UserForm2.ActiveControl.Value = Format(Me.Calendar1.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy")
UserForm2.ActiveControl.SetFocus
Unload Me
End Sub

I can't remember who I have to thank for the above code, so if you recognise
it - Thanks!!

Any help in getting the UserForm1 calender to default to todays date would
be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can use the ENTER event for the text box ...
//Userform2//
Private Sub TextBox1_Enter()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

and in Userform1, use the click event of the calendar control...

//Userform1//
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Calendar1.Value = Date
End Sub
Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
UserForm2.TextBox1.Text = Format$(Calendar1.Value, "DD-mmm-yyyy")
End Sub

"BaggieDan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is the one that worked for me!

I did just add

Unload UserForm1 to :

Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
UserForm2.TextBox1.Text = Format$(Calendar1.Value, "DD-mmm-yyyy")
Unload UserForm1
End Sub

To shift it out of the way!

I am not familiar with a datepicker control - I shall investigate further.

Thanks!