Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pop up calender in a userform

Hi Guys,
I know this has been done ad nausiam but can someone give me the code, that
when a user clicks into a textbox the calender should pop up so as to enter
the date? This will be done in the form and not in the worksheet
Thanks
Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know this has been done ad nausiam but can someone give me the code,
that
when a user clicks into a textbox the calender should pop up so as to
enter
the date? This will be done in the form and not in the worksheet

You can you a "date picker" control for this... go to your UserForm and
right-click the ToolBox, select "Additional Controls" and select "Microsoft
Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6)" from the list that appears. You can
place this control on your UserForm and it will allow the user to type the
date parts, use Tab and Arrow Keys to do change the date parts or to click
the down arrow and pick the date from a drop-down calendar.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This link...

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...26(VS.85).aspx

while from a non-VBA help file, should give you an idea of how to use the
Date and Time Picker Control. The preset format "constants" have slightly
different names in the article than what you will see when (if) you assign a
preset format to the Format property, but everything in the article appears
to be relevant to the VBA implementation (at least it looks so on a quick
glance).

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
I know this has been done ad nausiam but can someone give me the code,
that
when a user clicks into a textbox the calender should pop up so as to
enter
the date? This will be done in the form and not in the worksheet

You can you a "date picker" control for this... go to your UserForm and
right-click the ToolBox, select "Additional Controls" and select
"Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6)" from the list that
appears. You can place this control on your UserForm and it will allow the
user to type the date parts, use Tab and Arrow Keys to do change the date
parts or to click the down arrow and pick the date from a drop-down
calendar.

Rick

Calender Pop-Up Frikkels Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 21st 09 09:29 AM
Calender chefmike Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 19th 09 01:30 AM
pop up calender pezcore Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 18th 07 02:15 PM
Calender Pop-up John Excel Programming 2 February 13th 06 09:55 PM
Calender Help Alexanderj Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 10th 05 02:10 PM