Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Screen Updating

I'm using Excel 2003. I start out each prodedure with the following
two lines of code:

Application.EnableEvents=False
Application.ScreenUpdating=False

From the beginning of time until now, these two lines of code worked
as desired. Now, however, the value for Application.ScreenUpdating
remains True. I've trapped the code to move through each line of code.
The line of code is read, but the value remains True.

Application.EnableEvents works as expected. The value changes to
False.

Has anyone been encountering this issue?

Thanks.

Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

|I've trapped the code to move through each line of code.

that maybe problem. when you do debugging screenupdating always true (so
you can see what happen i think). when you run code at full speed it screen
shoud be turned of by the code.

wrote in message
| I'm using Excel 2003. I start out each prodedure with the following
| two lines of code:
|
| Application.EnableEvents=False
| Application.ScreenUpdating=False
|
| From the beginning of time until now, these two lines of code worked
| as desired. Now, however, the value for Application.ScreenUpdating
| remains True. I've trapped the code to move through each line of code.
| The line of code is read, but the value remains True.
|
| Application.EnableEvents works as expected. The value changes to
| False.
|
| Has anyone been encountering this issue?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you sure that the setting isn't changing to true some place in your code.

There are some things (calling functions in the analysis toolpak, IIRC) that
change this setting.

I'd pepper the code with statements like:

Debug.print "Step 1: " & Application.ScreenUpdating
some code
Debug.print "Step 2: " & Application.ScreenUpdating
more code
Debug.print "Step 3: " & Application.ScreenUpdating

To see where it's getting changed.

If it is something that you can't control. Then you may just want to find that
spot and turn off .screenupdating after it's toggled back on.

" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003. I start out each prodedure with the following
two lines of code:

Application.EnableEvents=False
Application.ScreenUpdating=False

From the beginning of time until now, these two lines of code worked

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ps. If you close excel, reboot the pc and start again, do you have the same
trouble?

(If that setting always stays on???)

" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003. I start out each prodedure with the following
two lines of code:

Application.EnableEvents=False
Application.ScreenUpdating=False

From the beginning of time until now, these two lines of code worked
as desired. Now, however, the value for Application.ScreenUpdating
remains True. I've trapped the code to move through each line of code.
The line of code is read, but the value remains True.

Application.EnableEvents works as expected. The value changes to
False.

Has anyone been encountering this issue?

Thanks.

Michael

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003. I start out each prodedure with the following
two lines of code:

Application.EnableEvents=False
Application.ScreenUpdating=False

From the beginning of time until now, these two lines of code worked
as desired. Now, however, the value for Application.ScreenUpdating
remains True. I've trapped the code to move through each line of code.
The line of code is read, but the value remains True.

Application.EnableEvents works as expected. The value changes to
False.

Has anyone been encountering this issue?

Thanks.

Michael

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your insights, Dave. Yes, I re-booted earlier. But the
issue persisted.

Screen flicker w/ Screen-Updating = False? Ray Excel Programming 7 August 28th 09 05:43 PM
Screen Updating TimT Excel Programming 2 October 3rd 06 01:39 PM
Screen Updating Raman325[_9_] Excel Programming 2 June 30th 05 08:45 PM
Screen Updating nidovan Excel Programming 0 January 16th 05 09:24 PM
Screen Updating Chilidog1000[_2_] Excel Programming 1 January 6th 04 08:18 PM