Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Losing data when saving to 2003 format

I use both Excel 2007 and 2003 on the same PC. I use the new cube function
in excel 2007 to return data to a worksheet and this data feeds a weekly
report which is distributed to other users who only have excel 2003. So I
have written some macros that update everything and then remove the cube
formulas and save the report in 2003 format. This works fine on my PC and
one of my colleagues. However, on another PC when the same macro is run and
the workbook is saved to 2003 format there is a chart, whose data is linked
via a named range (this named range is not the result of any formulas and is
just two lists of turnover figures by week), and the reference to the source
data is completely gone - there is a chart there but it is completely blank.
As I said it works fine on 2 PC's but on the 3rd the source data for this
chart gets lost. This problem has baffled everyone I have spoken to (and
in our IT dept). Has anyone else encountered anything similar.

Thanks for taking the time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Graham Whitehead wrote:
[...]

First thing to do is check the SP patch levels of the different XL2007
versions. I have seen enough madness with 2007 to be very suspicious
when the same code on different machines gives different behaviour.

XL2007 charting sucks so it would be no surprise if there were bugs that
could make entire graphs vanish. Good luck - you will need it.

Regards,
Martin Brown