Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delette active sheet from form button

When I try to delete the active sheet with a button that I have on the
sheet I get an automation error. I assume it is because the button is
firing the event and I am trying to delete the sheet that the button
is on.

Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

TIM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

That wouldn't cause an automation error, the sheet & button are deleted.
What else do you have in the module, post the code.

Mike

"TimSpangler" wrote:

When I try to delete the active sheet with a button that I have on the
sheet I get an automation error. I assume it is because the button is
firing the event and I am trying to delete the sheet that the button
is on.

Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

TIM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is what I have in the button code:

' Sub to delete the current braced wall line
Private Sub CmdBtn_DELBWL_Click()

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
If ActiveSheet.Name = "MASTER" Then
MsgBox "MASTER Sheet can not be deleted", vbCritical, "BWL
Sheet Delete Error!"
Else
ActiveSheet.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

And when the button is selected I get this:

Run-time error '-2147221080 (800401a8)':

Automation Error

"TimSpangler" wrote:
When I try to delete the active sheet with a button that I have on the
sheet I get an automation error. *I assume it is because the button is
firing the event and I am trying to delete the sheet that the button
is on.

Is there a way to do this? *Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

TIM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I can replicate this if the code is in a worksheet module.

Put the sub in a general module and don't declare as private and attach the
code to your button and things should be fine.

Mike

"TimSpangler" wrote:
When I try to delete the active sheet with a button that I have on the
sheet I get an automation error. I assume it is because the button is
firing the event and I am trying to delete the sheet that the button
is on.

Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

TIM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK. VB isn't really my thing, I am winging this right now. I took it
out of the worksheet and put it in the workbook but how do I get the
code attached to the button now? Do I us a Call from the worksheet
button event?