Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros

Whenever I try to create a macro in the Personal Macro Workbook, I always get
the message that reads "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must
stay open for recording." followed by another message "Unable to record". As
a result, I can't record a macro. How does one resolve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wonder if excel thinks that your personal.xls* file is corrupted and
quarantined/disabled it.

In xl2003 menus, you can use:
help|about microsoft excel|disabled items

In xl2007, I _think_ it's under:
Office button|Excel Options|Addins
select disabled items from the dropdown at the bottom of that window.

You can "undisable" it--but if the file is really bad, you may find that you
have to delete it and use a backup version of the file.

--

Dave Peterson