Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question on Deleting Querytables

Hello all,

I have been looking for the answer to the question on how to delete the
querytables permanently, and I have not had any luck. I hope someone has the
answer to my question. Please see below for detail information.

From the projects that I work on, I connect an Excel file to an Access
database to retrieve data. For the connection, I do not use code, instead I
connect them through Data Import External Data New Database Query. Part
of the connection setup, I give a querytable name and check the box "Save
query definition" in the External Data Range Properties. If I want to delete
the querytable that I created, I uncheck the Save Query Definition box on the
properties and delete the define name of that querytable. After I uncheck
and delete the define name of that querytable, when I recreate a new
querytable using the same querytable name that I just deleted, I would not
able to use it. I receive an error message that the name is already exist on
that sheet.

I thought I deleted, and why would the querytable name still exist? Is
there a way to delete the querytables permanently so that when I want to use
the same name again, I would be able to use it?

Thanks.