Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Question on Deleting Querytables

After you go thru your "delete" procedure go back and check to make sure you
clicked OK to make the change. Why delete and re-create when you can just
refresh???

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Souny" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have been looking for the answer to the question on how to delete the
querytables permanently, and I have not had any luck. I hope someone has
the
answer to my question. Please see below for detail information.

From the projects that I work on, I connect an Excel file to an Access
database to retrieve data. For the connection, I do not use code, instead
connect them through Data Import External Data New Database Query.
Part
of the connection setup, I give a querytable name and check the box "Save
query definition" in the External Data Range Properties. If I want to
delete
the querytable that I created, I uncheck the Save Query Definition box on
the
properties and delete the define name of that querytable. After I uncheck
and delete the define name of that querytable, when I recreate a new
querytable using the same querytable name that I just deleted, I would not
able to use it. I receive an error message that the name is already exist
on
that sheet.

I thought I deleted, and why would the querytable name still exist? Is
there a way to delete the querytables permanently so that when I want to
use
the same name again, I would be able to use it?

Thanks.