Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie VBA Question; Deleting minimum value row

Hi, I have been struggling with a piece of code to identify the lowest
value in a column, select that value then delete the row record
containing that value.

So far I have:

Sub TEST()

Set FilterRange = Range("E2:E12" & Range("E12").Row)

FilterRange.AutoFilter Field:=1,
Criteria1:="=MIN(IF(E2:E12<0,E1:E12)) ", Operator:=xlAnd

FilterRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Entire Row.Delete

FilterRange.AutoFilter

End Sub

This just deletes row 2, my brain is now burnt and would appreciate
ANY help.

Regards Paul Edwards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See if this works

Sub delminrow3() 'smallest0
x = Application.Small([A1:A10], _
Application.CountIf([A1:A10], 0) + 1)
Rows(Application.Match(x, Columns(1), 0)).Delete
End Sub
or
Sub delminrow()'If all 0
x = Application.Match(Application. _
Min(Columns(1)), Columns(1), 0)
Rows(x).Delete

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Paul Edwards" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I have been struggling with a piece of code to identify the lowest
value in a column, select that value then delete the row record
containing that value.

So far I have:

Sub TEST()

Set FilterRange = Range("E2:E12" & Range("E12").Row)

FilterRange.AutoFilter Field:=1,
Criteria1:="=MIN(IF(E2:E12<0,E1:E12)) ", Operator:=xlAnd

FilterRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Entire Row.Delete

FilterRange.AutoFilter

End Sub

This just deletes row 2, my brain is now burnt and would appreciate
ANY help.

Regards Paul Edwards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don,
many thanks for your prompt reply, code now works, I was obviously on
the wrong track.
Thank you for your time.

Regards
Paul