Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to find new UDF to edit

I created my first function and it works great but now I need to edit
it to make some additions and improvements. But how do I find the
code? When I select view macros the function does not appear in the
list. I think this function was put in a general module but I sure
can't locate it. The fucntion is callable and working from other
macros so I know it's out there somewhere.

Thanks

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open the workbook with the macro.
Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE where macros live.
Hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer (like windows explorer)

Find the module you put the code in and you'll be able to edit the code.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:20:47 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Open the workbook with the macro.
Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE where macros live.
Hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer (like windows explorer)

Find the module you put the code in and you'll be able to edit the code.

Thanks Dave, I'm still learning!

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 07:33:42 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

In ToolsMacroMacros you can type in the name of your UDF and then "Edit"

Gord,

Thank you, that works nicely also! So many little hooks, how to find
them all?

John Keith

Using Find under edit horseshow secretary Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 22nd 08 06:41 PM
The edit - find command fin_model Excel Worksheet Functions 3 May 29th 06 07:00 PM
Edit Find Steven Excel Programming 1 March 31st 06 11:57 PM
Edit + Find Mindy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 8th 05 09:49 PM
Edit/Find Tommi[_2_] Excel Programming 1 November 6th 03 12:00 PM