Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default message box

I have an add in that runs a procedure and displays a message box upon
completion. I do not have access to the code for this add-in. I have
a macro that actually triggers the procedure of the add-in and loops a
certain number of times. however, the message box is preventing the
continuation of the macro, in that i need to manually hit <enter for
the macro to proceed. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D I have bad news for you. Unless my training is failingme, the whole point
of a message box is to intentionally interrupt the code (almost like a break)
until the user acknowledges the message.

I have tried to recreate your situation and use various techniques to trap
the open messagebox event, the only problem is you have to do this in the
procedure which calls the messagebox (which is pointless of course, because
if you can see the code, just comment out the msgbox statement).

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for but at least you won't
spend countless hours going round in circles.

"Daniel Jones" wrote:

I have an add in that runs a procedure and displays a message box upon
completion. I do not have access to the code for this add-in. I have
a macro that actually triggers the procedure of the add-in and loops a
certain number of times. however, the message box is preventing the
continuation of the macro, in that i need to manually hit <enter for
the macro to proceed. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Daniel Jones" wrote:
I have an add in that runs a procedure and displays a message box upon
completion. *I do not have access to the code for this add-in. *I have
a macro that actually triggers the procedure of the add-in and loops a
certain number of times. however, the message box is preventing the
continuation of the macro, in that i need to manually hit <enter for
the macro to proceed. *Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Forgive me for my late reply, this information was very helpful. thank
you very much!