Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Spellnumber Formula

Hi Everybody,
I am using 2003 version excel and have a page set up with a code that lets
me use the formula Spellnumber. The problem is that when a user with Vista
2007 version opens the file up the formula does not work. Any ideas that
will let both Vista and Std Windows users get the same result from the cell.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Describe "does not work" for us.

Just so you know, I tried the Spellnumber function (from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 right?) in my Vista system on both
XL2003 and XL2007 and it works fine for me.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"will07" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,
I am using 2003 version excel and have a page set up with a code that lets
me use the formula Spellnumber. The problem is that when a user with
Vista
2007 version opens the file up the formula does not work. Any ideas that
will let both Vista and Std Windows users get the same result from the
cell.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When a Vista user opens the file, the actual formula will appear instead of
the result. Example - =spellnumber(F97). The code I added was sourced
through the discussion group. I was hoping I could change this code so that
both 2003 and 2007 users would get the same result.

thanks

"will07" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,
I am using 2003 version excel and have a page set up with a code that lets
me use the formula Spellnumber. The problem is that when a user with
Vista
2007 version opens the file up the formula does not work. Any ideas that
will let both Vista and Std Windows users get the same result from the
cell.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

Did you accidentally hit CTRL + "`" (which would show formulas instead
of values for all cells)? If yes, press that again.

Or is your Excel 2007 cells formatted as text? Then apply format
"General" for that cell, for example, select that cell and press F2
and ENTER.

BTW: If your version of SpellNumber returns the result "Hundred
Fifteen Dollars and No Cents" for the input 1000000000000000 and the
result "One Dollar and No Cents" for the input -1 you might want to
consider using my UDF:
http://sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html

Regards,
Bernd

Excel 2007, UK keyboard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bernd P,

thanks for the help, I have fixed the issue, The user had not done what he
was told. the solution was that the macro was not allowed to run, even
though the user was told to change the Macro security, he did not do it.

Thanks for the help. Until next time