Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference Personal.xlsb in other projects...

I have some macros I use in multiple workbooks defined in my personal.xlsb
workbook. Some of my other projects have a folder listed called "references"
in which it shows a link to personal.xlsb, I haven't figured out how to get
this folder to show up.

I've tried to add the reference using "tools-reference" menu as well as
dragging the personal.xlsb project onto the current project. I always get the
"duplicate name" error and it doesn't get added.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't use xl2007 very much, but I don't recall that the VBE interface has
changed much from xl2003.

So I'm guessing that you're confusing excel's VBE with MSWord's VBE.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, I'm in the Excel VBE (I don't use VBA in Word very often at all).

Also, the functions in personal.xlsb are all defined as public, I have
"option explicit" defined in all modules. If I try and use a function from
personal.xlsb in a different project, I get an "undefined variable" error.

Thanks,
Dave

DaveD wrote:

I have some macros I use in multiple workbooks defined in my personal.xlsb
workbook. Some of my other projects have a folder listed called "references"
in which it shows a link to personal.xlsb, I haven't figured out how to get
this folder to show up.

I've tried to add the reference using "tools-reference" menu as well as
dragging the personal.xlsb project onto the current project. I always get the
"duplicate name" error and it doesn't get added.

Thanks,
Dave

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Blame it on lack of sleep...I needed to rename one of the two VBA projects
because they're always created with the same name. Once I changed the
personal.xlsb name to "CommonMacros," adding a reference worked fine.

Dave