Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot table custom/calculated field?

To simplify my problem, my source data table has 3 fields:
Job#, CreatedPeriod, CompletedPeriod
eg: 32, 200901, 200904
Field 1) I have CreatedPeriod as a row area field
Field 2) I have count of CreatedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 3) I have count of CompletedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 4) I have item (2) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
Field 5) I have item (3) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
I need another field, "Cumulative Outstanding". This is Field 4 minus Field 5
I've tried all sorts but no joy yet
please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, look into using =getpivotdata()

Example he

Else, copy paste special values (probably on another sheet; certainly on
another sheet if you need that PivotTable to be a PivotTable) and then do the
calculation in a column to the right of the data set.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"David" wrote:

To simplify my problem, my source data table has 3 fields:
Job#, CreatedPeriod, CompletedPeriod
eg: 32, 200901, 200904
Field 1) I have CreatedPeriod as a row area field
Field 2) I have count of CreatedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 3) I have count of CompletedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 4) I have item (2) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
Field 5) I have item (3) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
I need another field, "Cumulative Outstanding". This is Field 4 minus Field 5
I've tried all sorts but no joy yet
please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ryan
I'm still struggling.
I have a pivot chart linked to my table.
It is essential that my new field is within the pivot table (to feed the
pivot chart).
The new field needs to be the difference in value of 2 custom (running
total) pivot fields.
Any idea?
Thanks

"David" wrote:

To simplify my problem, my source data table has 3 fields:
Job#, CreatedPeriod, CompletedPeriod
eg: 32, 200901, 200904
Field 1) I have CreatedPeriod as a row area field
Field 2) I have count of CreatedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 3) I have count of CompletedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 4) I have item (2) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
Field 5) I have item (3) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
I need another field, "Cumulative Outstanding". This is Field 4 minus Field 5
I've tried all sorts but no joy yet
please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I think the ideas I gave you should work. If you want to send me an
email I'll take a look at it and get back to you. Please explain explain
exactly what you want; more detail is better.

Thanks!
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"David" wrote:

To simplify my problem, my source data table has 3 fields:
Job#, CreatedPeriod, CompletedPeriod
eg: 32, 200901, 200904
Field 1) I have CreatedPeriod as a row area field
Field 2) I have count of CreatedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 3) I have count of CompletedPeriod as a data (column) field
Field 4) I have item (2) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
Field 5) I have item (3) again as cumulative - show data as running total in
field (1)
I need another field, "Cumulative Outstanding". This is Field 4 minus Field 5
I've tried all sorts but no joy yet
please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ryan
Your patience is truly appeciated
i'll send you an email tomorrow with an attached .xls file
I failed to mention that my source data is coming from a MS Access database
Hope this does not screw the solution?
(My "client" needs a chart with a live feed from the access db)