Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Concatenate results without decimals

I have two results which I want to concatenate in another cell.
I do not want to have decimals with - does anybody know how to avoid this ?

My example is:

A1=23 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
A2=4 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
In formula line for B2 I set:
=A1&"±"&A2

Then cell B2 shows 23,333333±4,122343 but I like it shows 23±4

Can somebody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kemp, if you dont want to Round the numbers in those cells use

=TRUNC(A1)&"±"&TRUNC(A2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"kemp" wrote:

I have two results which I want to concatenate in another cell.
I do not want to have decimals with - does anybody know how to avoid this ?

My example is:

A1=23 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
A2=4 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
In formula line for B2 I set:
=A1&"±"&A2

Then cell B2 shows 23,333333±4,122343 but I like it shows 23±4

Can somebody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Kevin,

Great - thank you very much for helping.

"Kevin Smith" skrev:

You could round the value

=round(A1,0)&"±"&round(A2,0)
--
Kevin Smith :o)

"kemp" wrote:

I have two results which I want to concatenate in another cell.
I do not want to have decimals with - does anybody know how to avoid this ?

My example is:

A1=23 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
A2=4 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
In formula line for B2 I set:
=A1&"±"&A2

Then cell B2 shows 23,333333±4,122343 but I like it shows 23±4

Can somebody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another solution:
=TEXT(A1,"0")&"±"&TEXT(A2,"0")
Regards,
Stefi

kemp ezt *rta:

I have two results which I want to concatenate in another cell.
I do not want to have decimals with - does anybody know how to avoid this ?

My example is:

A1=23 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
A2=4 (cell format set to 0 decimals)
In formula line for B2 I set:
=A1&"±"&A2

Then cell B2 shows 23,333333±4,122343 but I like it shows 23±4

Can somebody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might as well save yourself 3 characters...

=TEXT(A1,"0±")&TEXT(A2,"0")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Stefi" wrote in message