Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add menu to QAT with VBA Excel 2007 & 2003

I have a program that is distributed to thousands of people that everybody
has been using for years (Excel 2003). So everybody is acostomed to using
the menus to run the program.

During the conversion to 2007, I need a way to have my program work with
both 2003 & 2007.

Is there a way to add the menus to the QAT in VBA (if opened in 2007)?

Or do I just need to teach people to look at the "Add-ins" ribbon? If so,
can I write code to modify the ribbon and still have the workbook be
compatable in 2003?

Thanks in advance...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

(I know I'm lazy, but it doesn't bother me to look at the addins tab.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So it looks like I can't simply add an item to the QAT (programmatically
with VBA during the Workbook_Open event)?

As to ribbons, at the very least I want to change the name of the tab from
Add-Ins to something else. I assume this involves adding a customized ribbon
as well?

Before I start on this - my real question is compatibility(ver 2003 & 2007),
and will this work (without compile errors in 2003)?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Application.Version 11 Then
Spend a bunch of time to make things look nice
Else
Add existing menus here

Ken Valenti wrote:

I have a program that is distributed to thousands of people that everybody
has been using for years (Excel 2003). So everybody is acostomed to using
the menus to run the program.

During the conversion to 2007, I need a way to have my program work with
both 2003 & 2007.

Is there a way to add the menus to the QAT in VBA (if opened in 2007)?

Or do I just need to teach people to look at the "Add-ins" ribbon? If so,
can I write code to modify the ribbon and still have the workbook be
compatable in 2003?

Thanks in advance...

--

Dave Peterson