Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default INcremental increase

I am trying to set a spreadsheet so that the charge for a day nursery is
increased depending on how many days are used. I want to enter the time that
the child arrives each day and this to increase the amount owing as a running
total for the week.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your message is a little sketchy on details, but I think you can use the
COUNT function for what you have described. For example, if the arrival
times are in columns B through H, then you can put this in, say J2 and copy
it down as needed...

=COUNT(B2:H2)

This will give you a count of the number of entries in columns B through H
of, for the above formula, row 2. You can multiply this by your daily fee to
get the total for the week.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"raf290" wrote in message
I am trying to set a spreadsheet so that the charge for a day nursery is
increased depending on how many days are used. I want to enter the time
that
the child arrives each day and this to increase the amount owing as a
running
total for the week.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would need a start and end time, in my example i have this for 3
days
=SUM(B2-A2,D2-C2,F2-E2) in my total hours cell and formatted the cell
with custom format [h]:mm then in the next column for the costing i
entered =6.5*(HOUR(N3)*60+MINUTE(N3))/60 where N3 was the total hours,
there are smarter ways of doing this but that seemed to work!

raf290;501104 Wrote:
I am trying to set a spreadsheet so that the charge for a day nursery is
increased depending on how many days are used. I want to enter the time
that
the child arrives each day and this to increase the amount owing as a
running
total for the week.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=137867

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I should state that 6.5 was the cost per hour :)