Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default INcremental increase

Your message is a little sketchy on details, but I think you can use the
COUNT function for what you have described. For example, if the arrival
times are in columns B through H, then you can put this in, say J2 and copy
it down as needed...

=COUNT(B2:H2)

This will give you a count of the number of entries in columns B through H
of, for the above formula, row 2. You can multiply this by your daily fee to
get the total for the week.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"raf290" wrote in message
I am trying to set a spreadsheet so that the charge for a day nursery is
increased depending on how many days are used. I want to enter the time
that
the child arrives each day and this to increase the amount owing as a
running
total for the week.