Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bl bl is offline

Default Copy Data to non-office program

Dear all,

I need to copy an Excel spreadsheet data about 50 rows and 6 columns to an
non-office program which is in some type of form. Right now, we are use a
small Macro program to remember the keystroke to copy the data, flip between
the programs and paste the data.

I am wondering whether I can do that through VBA. Can I store all the data
in an array and switch to the program and copy the information? How can I
call the other application and continue the VBA?

Thank you.

Regards,

BL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Two commont practives are the following:

1) Export the Data as CSV and then reading the data into othe application as
CSV

2) If application is a web tool then opening up an internet explorer
application to move the data.

"BL" wrote:

Dear all,

I need to copy an Excel spreadsheet data about 50 rows and 6 columns to an
non-office program which is in some type of form. Right now, we are use a
small Macro program to remember the keystroke to copy the data, flip between
the programs and paste the data.

I am wondering whether I can do that through VBA. Can I store all the data
in an array and switch to the program and copy the information? How can I
call the other application and continue the VBA?

Thank you.

Regards,

BL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see a couple of possibilities but they are not for the faint of heart.

Depending on the program you are trying to create an interface too there may
be API's that allow your program to directly access the processes of the
other. You would need to know a LOT about the other program to make that work
and get a list of the API declarations from the other program.

The other program is probably writing your records to a database. You may be
able to writh those records yourself directly to the database but that is
going to be a tough one to make happen if it is even possible.

Best chances are if your other program has the ability to import a CSV file
you cna create that CSV via code then in the other program is it a simple
import which you would have to do manually.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson