Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Preventing sheet deletion

I have several sheets, some are hidden, that macros must have to run.
However, they are not static. The user pastes data into one of the unhidden
sheets and hidden sheets process the data. Ideally I would like to have a
sheet event that would flag and prevent the deletion of any of these sheets.
Can someone please offer a method that allows complete editing of a sheet but
prevents its deletion?

I am using Office 2007 with XP or Vista machines. Vista is slow!

Thanks for your help. The input to this forum is invaluable!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Protect the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:39:01 -0700, Bonsai Bill
wrote:

I have several sheets, some are hidden, that macros must have to run.
However, they are not static. The user pastes data into one of the unhidden
sheets and hidden sheets process the data. Ideally I would like to have a
sheet event that would flag and prevent the deletion of any of these sheets.
Can someone please offer a method that allows complete editing of a sheet but
prevents its deletion?

I am using Office 2007 with XP or Vista machines. Vista is slow!

Thanks for your help. The input to this forum is invaluable!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply Gord. However, I noticed that I failed to mention that
the macros generate other worksheets, including some scratch sheets which are
created and deleted by macros. Also, I want the user to have the ability to
delete any of the sheets generated by the macros. I just need to protect
certain sheets.

If workbook protection is still appropriate, I would appreciate suggestions
on how to impliment it.

Thanks