Junior Member

Default preventing formula deletion

If I set up a simple spreadsheet with data entry required in, say, cells A1 to A3 and a result calculated in A4 using a formula, how do I prevent inadvertent data entry in A4 or interference with the formula by the operator while still allowing the calculation to take place?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you want to prevent some cells from being modified you first unlock all
cells that you want to be changeable. Use Format, Cells, Protection and
uncheck Locked. Step 2 is to then protect the worksheet (Tools, Protection,
Protect Sheet). This prevents locked cells from being changed.

--
Jim