Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't see the properties for a button???

Using Excel 2003. I have adopted someone else spreadsheet. I am not
an excel expert. When I right click a button on the spreadsheet while
in "Design Mode" I can not see "Properties" or "View Code" options for
the button. I don't see where any "Protection" has been put in place
for the spreadsheet.

I added my own button to the spreadsheet and I can see the "Properies"
and "View Code" options when I right click the button I create.

Any help appreciated. Like I said I am not an expert, just someone
who got stuck with a project.

thanks ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It may be a button from the Control toolbox instead of the Forms one you
previously used.

Try View|Toolbars - Control Toolbox

Click the leftmost icon on the toolbar to enter design mode.

Mike

"eighthman11" wrote:

Using Excel 2003. I have adopted someone else spreadsheet. I am not
an excel expert. When I right click a button on the spreadsheet while
in "Design Mode" I can not see "Properties" or "View Code" options for
the button. I don't see where any "Protection" has been put in place
for the spreadsheet.

I added my own button to the spreadsheet and I can see the "Properies"
and "View Code" options when I right click the button I create.

Any help appreciated. Like I said I am not an expert, just someone
who got stuck with a project.

thanks ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The button is probably from the Forms Toolbar. It has limitation on the
properties that can be adjusted. the one you added probably came from the
Control Toolbox which is much more liberal in the properties adjustment
area. The code for the Forms Toolbar button usually resides in a public
module like Module1, while the Tool Box button will have its code in the
host code module, either the Worksheet or Userform.

"eighthman11" wrote in message
Using Excel 2003. I have adopted someone else spreadsheet. I am not
an excel expert. When I right click a button on the spreadsheet while
in "Design Mode" I can not see "Properties" or "View Code" options for
the button. I don't see where any "Protection" has been put in place
for the spreadsheet.

I added my own button to the spreadsheet and I can see the "Properies"
and "View Code" options when I right click the button I create.

Any help appreciated. Like I said I am not an expert, just someone
who got stuck with a project.

thanks ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 4, 3:04*pm, "JLGWhiz" wrote:
[...]

thanks ray- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Guys you were right. The buttons were created from the FORMS
Toolbar and a Macro assigned to it. Once again thanks for the help.
I was going crazy Ray