Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 Ribbon

Does anyone know if we can set a default value in the dropdown menu in a new
ribbon in Excel 2007 (like Arial is the default value for Fonts dropdown menu
in Excel 2003). I am having a hard time finding the code for it. I am
developing the ribbon in Office 2007 Custom UI Editor.

Thanks,
hitmonkong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can see it in the workbook I send you

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"hitmonkong" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know if we can set a default value in the dropdown menu in a new
ribbon in Excel 2007 (like Arial is the default value for Fonts dropdown menu
in Excel 2003). I am having a hard time finding the code for it. I am
developing the ribbon in Office 2007 Custom UI Editor.

Thanks,
hitmonkong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 27 aug, 17:02, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
You can see it in the workbook I send you

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"hitmonkong" wrote in ...
Does anyone know if we can set a default value in the dropdown menu in a new
ribbon in Excel 2007 (like Arial is the default value for Fonts dropdown menu
in Excel 2003). I am having a hard time finding the code for it. I am
developing the ribbon in Office 2007 Custom UI Editor.

Thanks,
hitmonkong- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

can you send me this workbook also ,(thanks)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 11 Sep., 20:49, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Sure

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ad ios" wrote in ...
On 27 aug, 17:02, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
You can see it in the workbook I send you

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"hitmonkong" wrote in ...
Does anyone know if we can set a default value in the dropdown menu in a new
ribbon in Excel 2007 (like Arial is the default value for Fonts dropdown menu
in Excel 2003). I am having a hard time finding the code for it. I am
developing the ribbon in Office 2007 Custom UI Editor.

Thanks,
hitmonkong- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

can you send me this workbook also ,(thanks)

Hi,

I'm also looking for that info...
can anyone pls post the syntax in the xml or send me the workbook,
pls?

many thanks in advance
eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 17 Sep., 12:56, ErNeu wrote:
[...]

Hi again,

just found it - and for everyone who's looking this up - found it
he http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...20Advanced.htm

getSelectedItemIndex= has to be set...

sample:

<dropDown id="DD1" label="Run Macro"

getItemCount="RibbonControl.GetItemCount"

getItemLabel="RibbonControl.GetItemLabel"

getSelectedItemIndex="RibbonControl.GetSelectedIte mIndex"
onAction="RibbonControl.MyDDMacro" /

'Callback DropDown GetSelectedIndex
Sub GetSelectedItemIndex(ByVal control As IRibbonControl, ByRef Index)
'This procedure is used to ensure the first item in the dropdown is
selected when the control is displayed
Index = 0
End Sub

kind regards